Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Anti 9 to 5 guide



I have a stack of books I've been meaning to read. For years, literally. Lately, I've decided to read up on the biz. (I'm also trying to lengthen out my cardio at the gym. Reading helps me to forget how long I've been pedaling on that bike.)

Anyhow, the latest read is the anti 9 to 5 guide. It's been on my Amazon wish list for years. And, honestly, I should've read this a few years back instead. I'm light years beyond thinking out side of the cube. And, I don't really need help in finding a career change or ideas for how to stop procrastinating.

But, there was a valuable section on working for yourself. It got a little into how to price projects with a strong recommendation to read What to Charge: Pricing Strategies for Freelancers and Consultants (that one's already on the wish list). If you're already a freelancer like me, I probably wouldn't bother buying or reading this. But it might be worth finding at the library, just so you can photo-copy the references section in the back of the book.

No comments: